Posted by Devin Parker

My wife and I had a really nice Christmas yesterday. It wasn't our first Christmas together, but it was our first alone together. We each indulged in those Christmas traditions that we wanted to carry on. On Christmas Eve, we watched our DVD of "A Christmas Carol," starring George C. Scott and David Warner (while I really want to get the Patrick Stewart version, I must admit that the Scott/Warner version is still the iconic one in my mind. That and the Scrooge McDuck version). On Christmas morning I made breakfast: green eggs and ham. Marilyn was so kind as to read the Seuss story aloud from the book which my mother sent us as part of our present. She did it the way you're supposed to, showing me the pictures as she went. I read the story of John and Jesus's births in Luke aloud. Then we opened presents - Mom and Dad sent us a gift certificate and "Pirates of the Carribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" on DVD, which we watched between phone calls from the parents, brother and sister. Marilyn made a huge lamb dinner, which was delicious and left us astonishingly garlicky. Overall, a wonderful Christmas.

As Marilyn mentioned in her comments on the Samurai Code questionnaire, we found another silly questionnaire that asks the pressing question: Which book of the Bible are you? In lieu of actual significant content in this post, I'll give you my results:

You are Leviticus
You are Leviticus.


Which book of the Bible are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

I think I'd like it mentioned that the creator of the quiz may be biased... After all, you can't fully appreciate grace until you understand how deeply condemned you were by the Law...

This entry was posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 at Friday, December 26, 2003 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment