Posted by Devin Parker

Oh, it's been a while since I've posted, hasn't it? I've been busy with filling out loan applications for school and other such things, and I decided to kind of take a break from online stuff for a little while. Well, except for my games on Rondak's Portal...I do have my priorities. Not that they're good priorities.

Thanksgiving was nice; we went down to the in-laws' house, met a few more family members, adjusted to the strange way in which they interact, talked a lot about food and televisions, and went out to see Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World , which is an excellent movie, even if you're not that interested in the Napoleonic Age or tall ships.

I'm currently working on a Christmas card design that I'd like to send out to a number of friends. I've really felt the Holy Spirit urging me on to do some things this Christmas, and I want to be sure that I'm faithful to that call.

Oh, as a fun side note, I was on Todd Friel's radio show yesterday. Since I got "let go" from my temp job yesterday (they don't have enough work to go around, and don't foresee much more coming in), I came home early and listened to the show. Oddly enough, the issue of Christians and political involvement came up, so I phoned in and gave my two cents, as well as mentioning our conversation on the Christian Palaver (don't worry, I didn't give out the website address) and requesting that people who called in on the topic would use Bible verses to support their position. Not too many people did, unfortunately, but a few did and I'm going to read up on the ones they mentioned. It was pretty neat, overall. I've never called in to a show before.

I meet with a counselor on Monday to figure out my class schedule, and then I'll have a framework to work a part-time job around. While I wait for my classes to start (have I mentioned how excited I am about them?), I've got Return of the King to look forward to. My lovely wife purchased The Two Towers: Extended Version and X-Men 1 and 2 on DVD, so we've been reveling in our geekiness. What fun!

This entry was posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 at Friday, December 05, 2003 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment