Posted by Devin Parker

I have my Orientation at school tomorrow; the first day of school, really. Classes start on Monday, so I'm very excited.

The debates on the Campaign website picked up a fair amount of traffic after I posted my last entry. Something like 500+ reads and 40 posts, and it was fairly lively, and, of course, often heated. I think that the thread on the forum has pretty much stopped - at least, when last I checked, it had - though I've just sent off a lengthy e-mail response to one of the posters who e-mailed me with a number of claims against Biblical Christianity...all the while protesting that he was, in fact, a Christian (he's a Mormon, you see). One of the things that really struck me - and it's something I've noticed with witness encounters on Todd's radio show - is that people will often say or [claim to] believe anything in order to avoid even acknowledging that this is what the Bible teaches. I read arguments everywhere from the standard "I'm okay, you're okay" of relativism to attacks against the reliability of the Bible, to claims that "there's more than one way to interpret that" (though no examples of alternate readings were offered). One fellow even claimed that he didn't believe anything unless he could "grab the author by the ears and ask him what he meant" - I assume that means he thinks the whole of recorded history is worthless, but I imagine that wouldn't line up with the way he actually lives his life.

Okay, enough high-horsing. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Again.

Anyway, things are otherwise pretty quiet. I've just been counting off the days until school and Marilyn's been counting off the days until payday. Well, I have, too - we somehow ended up pretty close to the wire this time. Hopefully, the check will go through tomorrow and all will be fine and good again.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at Thursday, January 08, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment