Posted by Devin Parker

If I hadn't said so before: busy, busy, busy!

I've been punctuating my art classes with plenty of reading material from the lovely MCAD school library. I ran out of issues of Sandman - at least, there's a gap between Book#7 and Book#9. I probably should just press on and read the next two or three, but I'd feel like I had missed something important. In the meantime, I've been reading a little bit of everything:

Batman: The Long Halloween
Terminal City
Astro City: Life in the Big City
Heavy Liquid
Whiteout

I've also been looking over old essays and websites on the craft of creating comics. Someone on the Xaria website directed me to a tidbit from Neil Gaiman's blog: http://poptown.net/22panels.JPG - a visual guide by Wally Wood on how to make "talking heads" scenes interesting to look at. Quite groovy, especially for someone like me, who likes writing long scenes of dialogue...

Anyway, I've found that there are computers aplenty I can jump onto at school...well, I already knew that, but I've just started taking advantage of the fact. All I need is a little refrigerator and I could live in the Library... They're Macs, which is fine except that I find the keyboards irritating. They feel too small, though I don't think they actually are any smaller than the keyboard I have at home on the PC. Hmm. Maybe it's just because I need to clip my fingernails...?

Yeah, that must be it.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at Monday, February 02, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment