Posted by Devin Parker

I've got a little catching up to do - I want to mention the other classes I had last week - but I don't have a lot of time right now. Let me summarize:
- Graphic Design One. Looks like it's going to be similar to my Foundation 2D Design class from last semester, but with a teacher who seems better able to communicate. The first assignment is going to be exactly the same as my first assignment in Foundation Design. The teacher mentioned that the graphic designer was born of a fusion of architects and painters. He looks the part.
- Foundation 3D Design. Wacky teacher, but one of the best at MCAD, from others' accounts. Thus far I like him; though I'm wary of his philosophical beliefs, he's very passionate about art and you get that impression immediately. He's also easy to do a comic impression of, like Mister Miyagi on speed. I was really worried about this class at first, but now I'm kind of looking forward to it...except for the amount of materials I'm going to have to buy.
- Foundation Drawing: Observation. Another class I've had reservations about, as the subject is dull as rocks, but very important. Fortunately, the teacher seems amiable enough (she couldn't be much older than me, either), and the class is jam-packed full of Comic Art majors. Seriously, half the class are comic majors, which is a first for me. I'm looking forward to getting to know them and see what sort of comics they want to create.

So there you go. I spent the weekend doing homework and enjoying the home life with Marilyn. It was really quite relaxing, actually. Being busy all week really makes the weekends more wonderful; it was so easy to take them for granted when I was off for the summer. I also got my Illustration portfolio back from my teacher from last semester, so I'll try to get some stuff scanned and pasted onto my portfolio websites (I have two; one on Portfolios.com, and one on Geocities, though only the first has anything on it yet).

In the meantime, here's a website that has a bunch of pictures and a description of our big local games store, Source Comics and Books. Take a look and goggle at its size...

This entry was posted on Monday, August 30, 2004 at Monday, August 30, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment