Posted by Devin Parker

Okay, now it's time to deal with another part of the problem; in fact, I think it's something that's going toward proving my point about Senate Bill 1234. Jimmy Swaggart seems to think murder is more acceptable in God's eyes than homosexuality. According to the blog-article, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force is calling upon Christian leaders to denounce his comments.

Well, I'm no leader, but I am a Christian: from this quarter, consider him denounced.

This kind of hateful statement has no place at the pulpit, nor has it any place in the mouth of a pastor of Jesus Christ. As James said, "...from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way" (James 3:10). Our motivation is to be obedience to God and love for our fellow human beings, and the Bible makes this eminently clear. When I vent about homosexuality here, it's not because I hate these people - I hate the choice they make, I hate the ideas they promote. But I don't hate them, I don't want to see harm befall them, and I certainly don't have any desire to take out my frustrations upon them. What I long for is for them to change, to come to Christ in repentence, recognizing their sinful state before a perfect Creator, and give themselves wholly to Him. I want to be able to call them brother, and know that they'll be in Paradise with me when our time on Earth is done.

Same goes for Muslims, since he brought it up. Religious choice is no reason to deport people from the U.S. - in fact, I'd rather see Muslims in America than in an Islamist state, because in America, they can be exposed to other beliefs. Evangelism is far more difficult in sharia-ruled countries, as Voice of the Martyrs can tell you.

Swaggart doesn't speak for me, because he's not speaking for Jesus. He needs to apologize for his ungodly condemnation and his ugly words.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 at Wednesday, September 22, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment