Posted by Devin Parker

Well, Terri Shiavo is dead. The courts have successfully starved an innocent woman to death so that her unfaithful husband can enjoy the benefits of her death. I'm sure it couldn't have been an easy situation, for your wife to be in the state Terri was in for fifteen years...but I cannot find any justification for what Michael Shiavo did. I'm disgusted that our legal system saw to the execution of an invalid woman by starvation. I don't know what more to say about it without just spouting emotional outrage.

From the sound of things, the Pope is not long for this world, either. This has been a long time coming - I'm surprised that he's lasted as long as he has, frankly. I hope that the next Pope is at least as good as John Paul II has been.

I'm thrilled at the recent change in weather up here. The last few days have been positively pleasant - I was washing dishes in a t-shirt and shorts with all of the windows open over the weekend, perfectly comfortable. Spring, at long last, has arrived. Yesterday I saw the first green patches in the grass, and before long, we should have leaves in the trees again. Easter Break has really ruined me for schoolwork - it's been wrenching to pull myself back into the mindset of study, homework, and practical application. All I want to do is go outside, listen to music, and daydream.

Yet, I've only got four weeks left, and we're starting our final projects in most of my classes. Got to...hold out...for a little...while...longer!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 at Thursday, March 31, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment