Posted by Devin Parker

Do you read PVP? I cheered. All I can say is, "Brent, it's about time. I'm glad to see you're stepping up to the plate and being a man." I knew he had it in him; I'm just glad to see him finally taking the initiative.

Some people have soap operas, I have comics. It could be worse; I could go on about how Batwoman was cooler when she didn't talk. Consider yourself fortunate.

[BTW, I'm quite pleased to see that my old posts weren't gone forever - magically, here they are! Enjoy.]

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at Wednesday, October 26, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

*smile* I'm totally loving that storyline - it's a nice reflection on the fact that gamers *are* growing up, getting married, having kids, and generally becoming adults.

9:40 AM

I agree. If anything, I think my gaming actually has increased after getting married.

On the other hand, I do a lot of vicarious gaming through Marilyn as she churns through the Baldur's Gate games.

12:31 PM

You're living in a fantasy world, dude.

Actually, I suppose you're living in my fantasy world (and no, I don't mean that in an icky way. Stop that). I've have done so much less roleplaying since I got married.

Come to think of it, I was still doing pretty well--it's when you got married and moved away that things dropped off...

And even if Joanna played computer games ever, I couldn't count such things as real roleplaying.

We must find some lasting, practical way to game, darn it.

1:34 PM

My gametime has decreased - but that's thanks to a full work and school schedule. I've been pretty lucky to have long-term partners (my ex-husband and now, of course, the other Mr. Parker) who are avid gamers. :)

I refuse to get 'Word of Warcraft', for fear that it will eat every ounce of spare time that I have. ;)

7:48 PM

I can appreciate that. "Neverwinter Nights" eats enough of my free time as it is; it's good that it's free to go online. As much as I'm tempted by MMORPGs like "Star Wars Galaxies" and "City of Heroes", I don't think I need something that sucks all of my time and money.

11:10 PM

Post a Comment