Link-A-Day: D20 Modern Character Generator  

Posted by Devin Parker

Today's link comes from a guy who identifies himself as "Pathguy", a pathologist who is very much into D&D as well as philosophy and, apparently, some degree of programming. If you're familiar with the various published settings for D&D, you might not be surprised to learn that his favorite setting seems to be Planescape, a gameworld in which the concept of character alignment (basically, a character's code of ethics, belief structure, personal behavior, etc.) is an instrinsic, physical part of the world. Anyway, this particular link leads to a page with which you can generate a character for D20 Modern. He has a similar page where you can do the same with a D&D character (for many game worlds) or a D20 Star Wars character - just scroll down to the bottom of the form.

I discovered that the library near where I work has a nice selection of DVDs that one can borrow, and I've started on their "Sharpe's" series, a BBC miniseries starring Sean Bean, based on a series of novels about a group of riflemen fighting for Wellington against Napoleon's armies. I rented "Sharpe's Siege," which seemed to be the earliest story chronologically (at least in the library's possession), and while I expect to become immersed in a story, I was a little surprised to find myself actually inside of it:



Pity me. It wasn't a pleasant death.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at Tuesday, June 13, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

That's great! I saw the picture before I read the post and I seriously thought you had found an old Campaign picture and wondered who that was with you in the photo!

8:57 PM

That's wild, the resemblance is uncanny!

12:08 AM

Post a Comment