Posted by Devin Parker

Hey, everybody. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas - Marilyn and I did. It was nice and quiet, very localized - we hung out at home, visited with the neighbors, and generally enjoyed being together. After the craziness of Thanksgiving and in anticipation of the in-laws' upcoming visit over New Years, it was really the perfect way to celebrate the holiday. I also attended my first Christmas Eve Mass at the Catholic church where Marilyn sings. The music was great, though the homilies - when I understand them through the Father's thick Indian accent - are still pretty bland. Again, I'm reminded of the fact that I need to find a good church for us somewhere in the area...

Anyway, one of the many reasons why I've been so quiet lately is because our computer has picked up a nasty virus, called the VX2 virus (I don't know if there are other virii on there or not, but this one is the Big Bad). We downloaded some free anti-spyware-and-adware programs to deal with it, but still it plagues us. Marilyn has been working with the computer in repeated attempts to eradicate the virus once and for all, but it's been a slow progression. In the meantime, we avoid going online at all, or even turning the computer on when she's not actively attacking the virus (I'm on the computer at work). It makes me sadder than usual, since I received Neverwinter Nights Platinum as a Christmas gift from my parents - well, a new printer, too, truth be told - and I'm dying to play with it.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have this thing killed pretty soon, and I can get back to my timewasting ways. Oh, and looking up scholarships, too.

This entry was posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at Sunday, December 26, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment