Posted by Devin Parker

Taking a breather... Lileks' Bleat makes for good reading today (primarily the second half). Hear, hear, brother - them artsy-folks need a good smack upside the head, they do! So do I; I might have the good fortune of being knocked unconscious and getting some sleep in the deal. Generally I've been avoiding the whole political/social argumentation avenues - I've got too much to think about right now to get fired up about something I have no control over, and I'm still burned out from the insanity of October. All I really want to think about right now are roleplaying games and how much I'm going to enjoy sitting down for a nice game of Baldur's Gate or Silent Hill 2. And throwing away everything in the apartment. It's been horribly cluttered for the last few weeks; I'm surprised Marilyn hasn't become catatonic yet. Then again, I haven't seen her much in the last week, so perhaps she is.

My final projects have become like the undead: they continue to shamble and loom over me, nibbling at my brain, occupying my hours far beyond what lifespan they should have had. I have yet to actually close the coffin door on any of them - well, save for my sequential art supplement for my Brothers Grimm presentation (which went quite well, thank you), and after my 3D class is over, I'll be able to bid a long-awaited farewell to both my Photo final and my weathervane project. I met with my Graphic Design teacher today, and to my great surprise, he said he liked my work and thought I had been developing quite well this semester as a graphic designer. Scan me in Photoshop and tweak my levels.

Yet - I still have artwork to complete for my Graphic Design portfolio, which is due Friday, not today (as I mistakenly believed). I'm kind of relieved, because it gives me more time to complete what I'd meant to get done last night, but I'm also annoyed because I just don't want to think about it any more. I had an editorial meeting with my Grimms teacher, who gave me some suggestions on cleaning up my thesis paper, so I have to go back over THAT again by tomorrow morning.

Well, off to my final 3D class. Kinji said something about pizza last time, and I think I'll enjoy his philosophizing over a slice of pepperoni. I tell you, I've learned more in that class about the artist's mindset than in any of my other classes. Unfortunately, I really have very little interest in 3D work, so while I've picked up a fair amount of information from Kinji, it wasn't the subject that he was teaching.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at Wednesday, December 08, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment