Posted by Devin Parker

Oliver Stone movies are most often known for conspiracy theories...

I'm sure that the box office failure of "Alexander" had nothing to do with it, I don't know, sucking?

I think my favorite quote was "Oliver Stone doesn't just create train wrecks. He knocks the train off the rails, sets it on fire, then kills every person onboard (and takes three hours to do it)."

I should admit at this point that I haven't actually seen the movie. At the risk of adding fuel to Stone's vanity-fueled bonfire, I've been turned off to the project since the first interview with Colin Farrell I read about the picture. Apparently, the only real draw for Colin was that Alexander was possibly gay. That's all the guy would talk about. Arguably the most accomplished conqueror of the ancient world, followed by legends and the legacy of several cities founded in his name, all by the time he was thirty...but who cares about all of that, when he might have liked sleeping with boys?

Besides, Colin doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed, anyway, nor do I consider Angelina Jolie to be a serious actress. I guess I'm a snob.

Anyway, I know I shouldn't judge a work before I see it, but I couldn't pass the opportunity to giggle when a Big Time Filmmaker blames a nation's morality (which may or may not exist in the first place) for his failure as an commercial artist.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 at Thursday, January 06, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment