Link-A-Day: Aedificium Living History in England, 1190 A.D.  

Posted by Devin Parker

In lieu of saying something interesting about my life or something inflammatory about politics or faith, I decided that I would start posting something that may or may not be of interest to anyone who reads this blog. I was looking over the Bookmarks I have in my web-browser (Firefox, for those who care), and I realized (not for the first time) that I've accumulated a lot of links. Thus, I thought it might be fun to post a link from my bookmarks list every day, just so people might have something fun to look at over the summer.

I'm starting with the first link I have listed in my Roleplaying links folder, a website called Aedificium Living History. It's a website specifically designed for roleplayers who want to simulate medieval English life, casual history buffs, re-enactors, and so on. A few maps, a glossary, an article on monasticism, and an amount of other things made it interesting enough for me to want to come back in the future.

I'll be gone this weekend, so already I'm kind of messing the whole "link-a-day" thing. Oh, well. I'll be in Des Moines over the weekend, as I'm attending the I-CON comic convention with Patrick Gleason, whom I've been interning with for the past few weeks. It's been a pretty good experience so far, and I've been learning a bit about what it's like to work on comics for a living, as well as exploring some of my weaker areas (layout, anatomy, etc). As a result of this, some of my artwork (refined by Pat, of course) will be appearing in issues of Green Lantern Corps. Pretty cool.

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 at Thursday, June 08, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment