!&%#$*!  

Posted by Devin Parker

That's it. I'm done. I'm not going to be an artist. I'm going to go somewhere and shovel manure for the rest of my days. At least then, I won't be up at 2 AM working on a two-hour project that somehow has lasted SIX AND A HALF WRETCHED, SPINE-TWISTING HOURS and still only be half-way finished two hours after it was due. I'm sick to death of turning in work late and having to explain why I'm too dense to follow a tutorial and make my work look anything like the teacher's work does, even though I'M DOING THE EXACT SAME THING, with THE EXACT SAME TOOLS and EXACT SAME MEASUREMENTS. I'm sick of working on five different projects at the same time, never getting significantly closer to completing any of them because working on any one steals vital time from all the others AND I have responsibilities at home AND I have to sleep at SOME point, which usually ends up being during the day because I'm up ALL NIGHT working on this crap, all of which I come to despise even LOOKING at, which means I have even LESS time to work on my projects before I have to be in class with them. I never feel like I'm making any improvements in ANYTHING because I'm working on FIVE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PROJECTS so they ALL come out half-assed pieces of crap that I can't use in my portfolio, because THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP.

I

HATE

THIS.




(This breakdown was brought to you by MCAD. I'm sure I'll be fine later, but there's no one here to vent to, so you're the lucky ones.)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at Wednesday, April 18, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Hang in there Devin.

9:44 AM

I know exactly what you are talking about.
I too often despise what I'm drawing.
But then I just realize it despises me just as much as I despise it. Oh yes, Devin. Do not be fooled,it hates you too.
Because of this YOU must become the master. The alpha male.
Take hold of your artwork.
Don't break eye contact.
Show no fear.
Bark.
Bite it's ear.
Urinate where it sleeps if you must, but don't under any circumstances show any weakness.

In time you will learn to dominate your artwork with authority. No assignment will dare challenge you, and those foolish enough to will find that you have no problem crushing them without so much as a second thought.

Live by the infallible, inspired words of Cobra Kai:

* Strike First
* Strike Hard
* No Mercy

Sweep the leg, Devin.
Sweep the leg.

2:24 AM

Wait, didn't Cobra Kai lose?

3:11 AM

sensei: Devin, I want him out of commission.

devin:But, Sensei, I can beat this guy.

sensei: I don't want him beaten.

devin:But I'll be disqualified.

sensei: OUT. OF. COMMISSION.


There is no 'loosing', Devin. Failure is not an option here.

Alow me to remind you we do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, at MCAD. An assignment confronts you, it is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy!


sensei : Fear does not exist in this homework, does it?
Cobra Kai: No, Sensei!
sensei : Pain does not exist in this comic book, does it?
Cobra Kai: No, Sensei!
sensei : Defeat does not exist in these asssignments, does it?
Cobra Kai: No, Sensei!
sensei : Prepare! What do we study here?
Cobra Kai: The way of sequential art storytelling, sir!
sensei : And what is that way?
Cobra Kai: color first, draw hard, no erasing, sir!
sensei : I can't hear you!
Cobra Kai: color first, draw hard, no erasing, sir!

10:22 AM

(I almost forgot)

"Aai-Aai-AAI!!"

10:23 AM

Buck up, litle soldier!

Always remember-there are worse jobs in the world... and you've worked them!

2:03 PM

Can I just say that I have had more fun reading Pat's comments than most anything else lately? Brilliant!

It almost makes me want to have a crushing load of work so he can make me want to attack it!

Almost...

Praying for you, Dev! Wait; maybe that's why you got slammed...yikes!

4:46 PM

Post a Comment